A friend of mine recently offered to buy me a gift of my choosing for my home. Talk about generosity! I spent days writing my wish list, looking at rugs, lights, decorations, etc. Finally one night, I was home alone with the kids and it hit me: a security system! You see, I'm a total scaredy-cat. I absolutely hate being alone at night. So I decided to spend my gift money on peace of mind. And it's becoming even more amazing than I thought it would be. Here's why:
First of all, I used to think security systems were that luxury thing you spend tons of money on. I just couldn't justify it. And after seeing my mom spend hundreds of dollars on just a couple of Arlo cameras, I assumed systems weren't for me. But after some research, I read about SimpliSafe being the best value DIY system out there. Here are some amazing features:
- You can completely customize your package for your house.
- Set up is so easy.
- My kids feel safer being "friends" with the police now.
- It integrates with Alexa (as well as google home and august locks).
- You can customize your devices depending on whether you are HOME or AWAY.
- Each member in your household can have their own pin as well as customize their notifications.
- Some people get 5-20% off their home insurance.
- There are panic buttons on the keypad and the fob if you need it.
I didn't opt-in but you can also monitor things like fires, water damage, pipes bursting. You can also set up a monitor on things like a liquor or gun cabinet and get secret alerts so the system doesn't go off but you know what is going on.
Here is the breakdown of what I got. Keep in mind, my house is pretty big so I got a lot of stuff:
-1 x Base Station (Cloud)
- 1 x Wireless Keypad (Cloud)
- 1 x Key Fob
- 9 x Entry Sensor
- 1 x Motion Sensor
- 1 x Glassbreak Sensor
- 1 x Free Yard Sign
- 1 x Auxiliary Siren
- 1 x SimpliCam Security Camera
- 1 x 24/7 Professional Monitoring (Interactive) - 30 Days Free
*Interactive Monitoring is $25 a month but you can opt-out for no ongoing fee.
Some cool notes:
- The fob goes on your keys so you can set your alarm from your car and has an additional panic button.
- The motion detector can tell the difference between pets and people.
- The glass break sensor can tell the difference between broken plates and broken windows.
- The camera is meant for the inside but you can get a weatherproof cover if you want to place it outside.
- Even my husband, who has major issues with not so efficient products was pleasantly surprised by the design and functionality of the system.
At the time of this writing, there is a 30% off sale! And with this link below you will get a $100 camera for FREE.
*Transparency Note: These links have a referral code. The referral code gets me 3 months of free monitoring and a free camera. Despite the perk, I bought this system with no intention of writing about it. I truly love it.